Outcast Poems

Poems were from 2005 to date. I do regular readings at “Sparky’s Flying Circus”, Half Moon, St Clemence, every Thursday evening, and every other Tuesday “Anything Goes at Mangos” downstairs at Mangos, Cowley Road. Both near the Plain, Oxford, both start at 9pm. If you are around call in, have a beer, listen to some poetry and music. Come and read your own or play us something if you want. It would be nice to see you. Outcast Poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oxford, United Kingdom

I write real poems, and play real music.

Monday, July 24, 2006

CERTIFIED NOT INSANE

The fundamentalist
Are all fundamentally fucking mental
They killed those people on that train
Me, I can't buy into that
I am fundamentally a poet
Certified, not insane

The government
Lies and more people die
They blindly take us into madness
Lies, lies and lies
Not even a feint trace of sadness
Only, passing on the blame
But not me, I am a poet
Certifiably, not insane

Tin pot managers
Making all the rules
Misguided workers
Laying down tools
And who is the captain
On this new ship of fools?
Not me, I'm the poet
Certified, not insane

The war-mongers
Go fighting on foreign soil
In far off lands they fight for oil
To supply us with 5 star
Unleaded and high octane
While the low-life pack guns
and deal in cocaine
And everyone gets mindlessly
out of their brain
Not me, I am a poet
Certified, not insane

My girlfriend likes soul music
but has no soul in her vein
She hangs out with her friends
All very urbane
But life is to short
for cheap champagne
So raise a beer to the poetsAll certified, not insane

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home