Outcast Poems

Poems were from 2005 to date. I do regular readings at “Sparky’s Flying Circus”, Half Moon, St Clemence, every Thursday evening, and every other Tuesday “Anything Goes at Mangos” downstairs at Mangos, Cowley Road. Both near the Plain, Oxford, both start at 9pm. If you are around call in, have a beer, listen to some poetry and music. Come and read your own or play us something if you want. It would be nice to see you. Outcast Poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oxford, United Kingdom

I write real poems, and play real music.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

SAGA LOUT

The tattoos may be faded
But don't be in any doubt
If you wind me up
You're as good as dead
'cause I'm a Saga Lout

I'll take no shit from no one
If you cross me on my day out
Show me respect
Keep up your guard
'cause I'm a Saga Lout

I holidays with club 80 - 50
Last year I pulled some old trout
Gave a good old seeing too
in her hotel room
'cause I'm a Saga Lout

I may get cheap car insurance
My teeth may all come out
But don't look at me like
that sonny jim
'cause I'm a Saga Lout

I read books at arms length
My pension is worth nout
But zimmer frame or
no zimmer frame
I'm still a Saga Lout

My hearing is going a little
Sometimes you may need to shout
But be careful
of what you are saying
'cause I'm a Saga Lout

Don't be fooled by this arthritis
I'm still on for many a bout
I don't mind punching
below the belt
'cause I'm a Saga Lout

My knees have started playing up
My nose hair is starting to sprout
But don't judge me
By my appearance
I am still a Saga Lout

I suffer from chronic indigestion
My big toes are swollen with gout
Be we all get older
But I won't fade away
Because I am a Saga Lout

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home